Beachbody - Beach Body is a scam!

Mar 05, 2009
review #146018

I tried to order Turbo Jam and got completely ripped off.After 2 months of not receiving what I ordered, I called again to complain.

They claimed that they were unable to deliver it to me, then only refunded part of my money. I would understand if I have returned it on my own that they would keep the shipping and handling. But keeping it for something I never even received! Come on!

And the guy that answers the customer service line did not do anything to help me until I started yelling. This company is a joke and needs to be shut down. And they will continue to hear from me until I get a total refund! Stay away from anything this company sells!

It is a complete scam, and I am sorry that I gave them a chance.And the most unsettling part about it is that they have my credit card information!

aa18c36
Had an experience with Beachbody?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
FortifiedYOU

Oct 28, 2012

I think they are a very honest company. BBB doesnt just hand out A+ ratings and put them in the hall of fame for kicks... #justsayin

MH

Jul 21, 2012

I purchased a set of DVD's for around $20 and when I ordered by phone it seemed like a regular transaction. Months later I found out they have taken money from my bank account TWICE for a total of almost $80. I was never offered anything to justify these charges, never informed of any potential charges and I NEVER AUTHORIZED Beachbody to charge my account anything other than the $20 set of DVD's. This is theft and fraud as far as I'm concerned and I will never purchase another product from them. :( :(

Julia

Jul 19, 2012

Terrible customer service. I returned Shakeology (within a few days of receiving)after having an allergic reaction to this product. It has been almost 5 weeks since they received the return and still NO REFUND. (the do promise to process their refunds within 7 days) I finally called customer service and my refund was NEVER processed. After 35 minutes on teh phone, the rep I was talking to disconnected, so I got online to "chat" with someone. No refund ever processed. No record of the return, so I cut and pasted the info from USPS.com to prove they received it. I got my return, however, they stated that it will take 24 hours to process on their end and then another 3 business days to go through and then whatever time my bank takes to process. So pissed off.... NEVER AGAIN. Beachbody is too big for its own good. CEOs sitting big makin the money while the customer service goes to ***....shame on you Beachbody

Samantha

Jul 08, 2012

I have always had wonderful customer service - I even ordered a shipment that was damaged by fedex and they sent a completely new system. They have an A++ customer service rating and have backed up mistakes that they haven't even made, such as the fedex issue. I LOVE beachbody, have lost over 85lbs using there products, and they have saved my life. So I guess I am alittle partial towards them being that I am alive today because of their products, fitness, and support.

Hope others work out their issues and sorry that they had such a bad experience. For those reading these please do your own research and realize that we all make mistakes.

Katt

Jun 14, 2012

I've always have had great service with the customer service department at Beachbody. The orders always come quickly, very quickly! The people are great to talk too and they take care of things quickly. I think Beachbody is a great company and their products and trainers are fantastic!!

Hugo

Apr 12, 2012

I worked for beachbody, and what the consumer doesn't know, is that they are getting over charged by one to two dollars. I know because I took order for beachbody. I know that might not sound lot, but just imagine a few hundred over charges of two dollars. We are talking about thousands of dollars that beachbody is stealing from the cunsumer.

Lindsey

Apr 12, 2012

So this may be my fault, but I changed my credit card after my first payment to beach body ( 1 of 3) due to fraudulent activity not relating to P90X... Regardless, I made numerous attempts to contact p90X ( wrote 3 emails, called daily, even chatted with somebody) on how to update my credit card information so that my account would be charged and it wouldnt be considered a bad credit report. Well needless to say, everytime I called it just went on and on and on, and I can't afford to be holding for OVER AN HOUR to speak to someone. Guess they just won't be getting the last two payments. Can't say I didnt try!

christine gifford

Feb 21, 2012

I live in the uk and have many of beach body products always had great customer service and prompt responsers when I've emailed fantastic DVDs love Tony Horton and Charlean DVDs :) :)

melody Skinner

Dec 19, 2011

:? I just found another charge on my bank account from them and I have ordered nothing other than the dvds and made it very clear I wanted nothing else!!! And I have received NOTHING else, but keep getting charged. I need a number to call, but can't even find that!!

Angie

Oct 16, 2011

Very unfortunate to hear all of these neg things & sorry
that they happened.
However, I've had nothing but great Cust. service.
Before you believe these things always
do your own research.

hulagirl

Oct 07, 2011

When I ordered the 10 Minute Trainer discs I was very specific that I wanted it only and not a long list of other products and services they wished to sell me or sign me up for. I very firmly refused ALL other offers. Today I noticed a charge to my credit card for $41.96. I called the phone number listed along with the charge on my card statement and got a nice woman in India who said it was a quarterly charge for membership. I told her I had refused membership when I ordered the DVD and wanted nothing further from them. I told her to immediately credit me and asked her for a contact number in the U.S. I am infuriated that they tried to slip this charge onto my card and wonder what would have happened if I had not discovered it. In a few months I would have been charged again....and for what? I have received nothing from them except the DVD I ordered and have no desire to be a member or connected in any way. I consider this to be an underhanded practice and would warn anyone ordering only the workout discs to keep careful watch over their credit card statement.

AR

Jun 15, 2011

Well, I don't work for beachbody - in any way. And I've never had troubles with them. Their workouts are great and the instructors are motivational. Having something that you look forward to 'pushing play' on is half the battle :) I ordered Turbo Jam back in 06ish and have ordered several things since, all without troubles. If you pay attention, you'll see where there are options for recurring shipments. just opt out!!

jennifer

Apr 29, 2011

I've never had issues with my Beachbody orders; I've ordered Turbo Jam and supplements. They were quickly delivered. I had one question about one product and promptly received a response.
Jennifer

mv

Apr 22, 2011

I've ordered many products from them over the past 8 yrs and never had a problem. I just ordered turbo fire and got it very quickly.

Rick

Apr 19, 2011

I don't work for Beach body. I do have a coach-a very good one. My son and I are doing P90X and my wife and I are doing Turbo Jam (which I Love) and I'm about to order Turbo Fire for her. I've never had any problems with them except the shipping is a little slow. Other than that I've lost over 35 Lbs and have nothing bad to say about them. They sell a good product. Some of the best exercise programs I've seen!

Lilly

Dec 06, 2010

Wow!!! It is amazing to me that so many of you are having problems! I've ordered shakeology, and just received insanity... Prior to this, my husband and I worked out to P90X and got in the best shape of our lives and are maintaining! We've never had problems with beachbody but maybe it's because we ordered through an independent coach's website? I never got pop ups for offers or antyhing either... I suggest working with a coach instead b/c we absolutetly love our experience so far!

Todd

Dec 01, 2010

Bill I suspect although I do not know what happened. If you opted for free shipping it would have resulted in recurrent charges. This is the most frequent problem. If not then they should have taken care of it right away. As a coach I had something errantly sent to me. Within 24 hours I had a shipping label for the return and a full credit to my account.

Bill

Nov 11, 2010 Ledger, Montana

I also love P90X and value the DVDs as a catholic would the bible BUT I have to say the company has pissed me off a few times. It seems when they get a hold of your credit card they love to send you items such as monthly vitamins for 39.99 or Recovery Drink for 49.99 even though you didnt opt for the re-occuring charges. They have great products but their buisness ethics are kinda sketchy IMO.

0 0 Reply
I wanted to lose weight, not m

Oct 14, 2010

I also bought a product from beachbody, I paid for the entire product but they keep sending me letters of notice that I still owe money.

fit4god

Oct 14, 2010

Well I dont work "for" beach body but I am an independent coach for beach body. I have never had any problems either. The community is great and the company is great. Their products are amazing. Maybe it was just a bad day or mistake. Beachbody is a major company. They aren't getting shut down any time soon.

I pray that you get your full refund or have received it already!

Goodluck

1-20 of 52 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Beachbody.
Filing a new complaint about
×