12.4K views

I was a coach in this organization and quickly found out that this coaching or MLM scheme is there for a reason."Coaches" as they call themselves are NOT trained in fitness AT ALL by the company.

They are there to make OUTLANDISH claims on behalf of the company and to bring in more "coaches" AKA salespeople into their MLM scheme. My "Diamond Coach" or "upline" David and his wife Regina allowed his coaches to claim rashes from Shakeology were toxins leaving your body and don't worry! Another example is a pregnant woman asking for advice about continuing and David told me it was fine because his wife did it!! REALLY!!

When I complained to Beachbody I got no response to the complaint. THEY DO NOT CARE about anyone except for the sale. This is the reason for the Beachbody Challenge....in hopes of "winning" money you enter your "transformation" story, which they NOW OWN and can use at will. So any claims by the user are not the claims of Beachbody.

Pretty Slick ! I asked for the "Study" on Shakeology and they would not give it to me....if it is a REAL study and proves why it works...why so secretive? UNSCIENTIFIC! Number one answer ...ding ding ding!

Stay away from the "Coaches" AKA Beachbody salespeople. They pretend to be your friend but don't give a rats (fill in the blank) about you....well maybe your credit card!

PS there will be responses to this post from the rash pf cultlike "coaches".Just a FYI

Review about: Beachbody Fitness Program.

Comments

I am currently doing my third challenge with Beachbody.I have enjoyed the program so far until my coach and a challenger called me out when I went to make a post about starting to go to the gym along with doing the workouts.

My thought was that it was okay to do both because I am bettering myself health wise. Also other girls are posting their gym selfies or talking about going to the gym in the group. But the reaction I got was nothing but negative and rude. I was asked why would I do that when I already have the BOD.

Then the remark was made why can't I just use the gym membership for shakeology?

I don't know if I will continue to use Beachbody.The coach pretty much made a laughing stock out of me for posting about the gym.

to Anonymous #1419382

I left the group I was in as soon as my friend said the same type of thing.I actually laughed that someone was trying to sway me away from the gym.

Program is just a money grab.

Eat healthy and exercise and you will get the results you want, I did!You ccan buy the dvds on Amazon!

mibanez

Sadly after giving 7 years of my life, my time from my family, my energy, my wallet and my whole hearted effort, the real practices behind Beachbody "corporate world" and coaching has finally reared it's ugly head!I have seen things like this happen to others in the past but thought it was isolated issue and I didn't want to believe anyone (let alone my trusted leader) would do this to me!

I will say I love the programs they are great, I love the products they are really great! I will defend them as they are truly legit (tho pricey and I'm talking about Shakeology). They do offer helpful tools to help people get healthy & fit. But you know what?

You can get everything they offer on Amazon, Ebay & Craigslist and with Prime 1-2 day shipping without the headache of "coaches", auto shipments or random charges or someone with no background in fitness or nutrition degrees hounding you.

Over time you will see (like I began to) what's really behind the "Coaching" world. Greedy corporate people who pretend like they care but don't. The only want to suppress the "lower ranked coaches" so that when there is something wrong and you smell a rat or something suspicious, your issues and concerns are swept under the rug and forgotten about.

They are only there to help the "big names" and "big titles" and people who prove their "Eliteness".

At one point in my life it was a great blessing but after years of naiveity, the smoke and mirrors were revealed. Please be aware this can be very toxic. It will consume your life, your time away from family.

And in order to "make it" and you will PAY for it. As I have been shown this week they will always change the bylaws and rules to meet their "special criteria". They will always bend and twist the rules they put in place to fit the companies agenda and to line their pockets.

Yes, you can make some decent money really helping people find fitness and health.

I have done it myself. I am been in the fitness industry. I have a nutrition degree and background. Sadly many coaches are not and just say whatever they were told to say to make sales.

Bottom line, people get greedy and people get desperate over time. And they forget their humble beginnings. As in my case after 7 years of loyalty or stupidity to this upline team I joined (can't figure that one at right now). I decided to take a much needed break from coaching to refocus and prioritize as it was completely consuming me.

And that's when the $hit hit the fan. The snakes literally came out of the woodwork!

My "Super Star" Diamond upline Coach came sniffing around as she had heard I was "on break" and literally took one of my top leading team mates (aka Coach) right out from under me...even went to Beachbody corporate behind my back to seal the deal, not one word from her or said team mate and they switched her over just like that. Even though it states it's illegal to do so in the bylaws.

I was told today by Beachbody corporate that they can do whatever they want, whenever they want and as they see fit. Bottom line, there is very real and ugly side to this coaching gig....I had only be privy to it on the surface up until now. So if you don't have thick skin...and you don't mind watching Elite and Top Coaches take your team mates away from you when your not looking I don't advise getting involved - it hurts and it sucks! You might make a few thousand dollars over the years but don't be fooled.

You will have to work 70+ hours a week (and mainly on the weekends) on social media building a "presence", recruiting and promoting on social media to gain any traction. And btw all the big time "coaches" already knew about all this long before they felt like disclosing it to their team and others. ALL of the top Coaches have already infiltrated Instagram, Snap & Fbook for you! They gotta make sure they get their first ya know!

Social media is a big marketing business now with MLM's like Rodan Field, Willa, Beachbody, Luluroe, Wine Clubs, eyelashes, Plexus, Young Living...you name it. I wanted to share this with anyone considering Coaching be VERY aware and be VERY careful who you "align" yourself with in this company. Everyone knows everyone especially in corporate and everyone is scratching everyone's back.

I've seen it happen over and over again to others and the #truthbomb just hit me this week!For many that have experienced on some level what I'm talking about then you already know how hard this pill is to swallow.

No, it is not a scam but it is a multi level marketing endeavor.To even get the possibility of making any money you have to put out quite a bit of money to be a coach or to stay active.

You also need to hound everyone you know to buy the products. The coach who recruited me was very aggressive and appeared to be very interested in me and my life, but the moment I signed, she was pretty much gone. The workouts are great, the shakes and supplements, not so great. There's better on the market and for less.

If you're lucky you get some help from the coach you were assigned or the coach who signed you. I had virtually zero help. Which meant learning it all on my own and making quite a few mistakes that cost me money. You can work full-time on growing this "business" for less than part-time compensation.

The rules change all the time. And the ways you can earn continue to change and benefit their top diamond coaches. I was a coach for seven years. I hung in there.

It wasn't like I got started and then gave up because it was too hard. But it did get harder and harder to make money without nearly accosting everyone you meet with this opportunity for their health and fitness. People are really vulnerable about that. But when people start running away from you when they see you coming or start hiding you on Facebook because of all your posts, there's something wrong.

It is no different than any other multilevel marketing company. If you attend all the coach summits and as many events as possible and meet the CEO, celebrity trainers and a lot of the top earners you may get somewhere and you may get some help. But I don't guarantee it. The financial outlay ends up being enormous.

The hook is they tell you it's very inexpensive to get involved as a coach. And a lot of people not only want to help themselves, but want to help other people be healthy. It really plays on your emotions. But the costs mount and mount.

But unless you are a top earner you really are on your own. If you need something to do and have money to spend, go for it. I recommend you just start your own business doing something that you love and you are good at without contributing to the multi millions made by this company. When I started out there were about 22,000 coaches throughout the US.

But now with it being in Mexico and Canada there are hundreds of thousands of team beach body coaches. There's nothing really new and the market is already saturated with all the health and fitness products, workouts and supplements there are out there.

Find something else to do that pays you instead of you having to pay the organization to be a part of it.And that's my educated two cents.

nataliepalombi

If a walmart employee said some *** *** to you, or was rude, or did anything you didn't like/didn't agree with...Wouldn't you go to the manager, or call corporate??

I figure maybe people don't realize this type of business has the same exact avenues of recourse, but it does!

Advising a pregnant woman to do something/not do something is against the coach policies & procedures, just like making wild medical claims; the response from ANY coach, or ANY representative of any company, should be -- "Talk to your doctor, I'm not a medical professional."

Any time you see a BB coach pulling this kind of *** -- or any of the *** I see in the other comments -- REPORT them to the compliance team at compliance@teambeachbody.com

It's not doing anyone any good when they do that -- they are potentially harming an innocent person (who knows if someone may have sensitivities to an ingredient?!), and they're hurting their own business too. Sure they may make that $33 commission but it's not worth the chance of harming someone!

to nataliepalombi Burlington, Ontario, Canada #1286692

Natalie, I completely agree with you, however complaining to the company doesn't alway resolve the problem.I had a friend contact the company about outlandish claims made by a bb coach.

The rep responded basically saying saying that the coaches are independant and the bb company is not responsible for their actions. This is what my friend said.

I also read that there was an experiment and somewhere around 12 random coaches were contacted. The prospective client claimed to have debilitating health issues as well as allergies that were in the shakes. 100% of the coaches failed to mention what you said "consult your Dr." They all pursued a sale by buttering her up and avoiding response to any of her questions regarding her health issues.

They were all give ample queues to admit that they should be seeking professional consent first and foremost.....nope nothing.

Hi!!I tried the 21 day fix a couple months ago and have lost 20 pounds and changed my eating habits drastically.

I took an online fitness and nutrition course last year to get me motivated but I failed to change my ways. I love these products and feel they can help those who truly want it. I've been a coach for 3 weeks and don't really care about the " income potential ". Maybe eventually I will..

But not all of us are what you say.I truly and genuinely want to help others.

to Anonymous Brighton, Massachusetts, United States #1297185

Don't worry about the haters.You are winning.

Keep up the good work.theycallmeobiwan@gmail.com

to Anonymous Little River-Academy, Texas, United States #1304106

If you "do not care about sales", then why not do all of those things on your own?You can do everything you mentioned without BB.

The shakes are no different from what you can make yourself, except they cost about 10 times more.

I also find it really irresponsible for people to coach others with no fitness training at all.This is about sales, nothing more.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada #1126165

Part of the problem is the top comment by "anonymous" saying bb products DO work.This is such a generalized statement.

When it comes to health and nutrition making comment like this is ignorant. You have no right saying this and should rather be saying it works for SOME people. Meal substitutes are very hazardous to some people. This is not a field where u should jut be throwing out your 2 cents..

people's health is at risk... people are vulnerable.

What are your qualitifcations? None obviously, or else u wouldnt be saying this.

This isnt just anothermarketing company... this is a involving people's physical and psychological health. This isnt about YOU. People dont just do it for the money true, people are doing it as a means to get attention.

If u genuinely want to help people stop defending this, stop talking about yourself...

listen to that voice inside your health.

It is very unethical that these bb coaches think it is ok.